Wednesday, January 12, 2011

CELEBRATING 100.


I'm a little happy. And here's why...

There's 100 of you. Yes, fabulous and wonderful you.

Because, although I've been blogging for four years, recently I discovered a whole new world of you out there.

If you haven't been visiting for long, you may not know that in the past nine months I've stuck to a blog theme each month. Yes, a whole month. I themed because before April 2010 I was a sucky blogger.

Yes. I. Was.

For three years I blogged very rarely, and when I did, I found there wasn't much to say.

But the past three months it's been different. After making a few initial contacts, I was brave enough to put Google Friend Connect on my blog. Ever since I've met the most amazingly, talented people. Bloggers that love blogging as much as me. Who have similar interests. Who blog about similar things. Yet, we all have something amazingly different to say. I love it. Who would have thought that mothering could be so much fun, so uniting, so inclusive? And if in doubt, you realise that you're not the only one going through the motions, struggling with a bad day, pulling your hair out.

Now I find there are new people in my life, new ideas, fantastic cheap therapy (um hello, my blog), and enough thoughts to keep this thing going. And the ideas just keep flowing. I'm on a role people. And I have you to thank.

And although 2011 started a couple of weeks back, my mojo has only just returned after feeling pretty zombie-like throughout the holiday season. I'm even planning for the future (but not using that word resolution).

There's so much for you to join in too.

Last year I started a Fancy Pants linky and it's going to happen again this year. A good excuse to get out of the tracky dacks if you ask me (and no, I'm not exercising in them either). Dress up (or just get out of your jammies), take a snap, post it on your blog and link up here at a day in the life of us every Sunday (and you can paste my button code underneath your picture). How easy is that?

And another light bulb idea which starts this Thursday, Try something new every week. When was the last time you tried something new? A new recipe, a new game with the kids, a new route on your evening walk, ANYTHING to get out of the daily grind. Write about it, post and link here every Thursday.

It all happens here this week. Every week. And once again, it's all because of you that I can celebrate 100. Thanks a hundred, I mean, million.

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations! {except now it's 101!!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, I love your blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is awesome news! And I look forward to seeing many more posts this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Supre happy to be one of your first hundred.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! You are inspiring, really. I feel the same way about discovering a whole new world (cue Aladdin)in blogging, though I may need more motivation to get the creative juice flowing. And time management.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big fan of your blog. I'm sure there will be hundreds more out there who will join this wonderful community this year. Will try to do your linky soon (if I managed to figure out how to do it, hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a big fan of your blog. I'm sure there will be hundreds more out there who will join this wonderful community this year. Will try to do your linky soon (if I managed to figure out how to do it, hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrat Kymmie!!
    And I'll definitely be in on the 'try something new' idea - it's what I'm all about!!!
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for you! I seem to lose followers faster than I gain them.... hmmm.... silence.... oh well! Love the try something new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, good for you, Kymmie! Congrats on the big one-oh-oh. I found that a huge mental barrier. Onwards and upwards, my friend! J x

    ReplyDelete
  11. 102 now! And no wonder because your blog is so beautiful and you are so sweet (and totally gorgeous I might add). I promise to start Fancy Pants-ing this year. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations - not sure what number I was, but it was a while back :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is awesome .... gratz.... you ..Id say that 100 was well earned ..but now its 102..seems like your on a roll

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy 100!!! Blogging is great hey, but i don't need to convince you - you summed it up perfectly!! its a great way to connect and share ideas and us SAHM really need a bit of interaction (even if it is virtual!) Congrats, it's great - go celebrate and if i can i'll join up to some of those links this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations. Seems like I found your blog on a great day.
    I discovered the real joys of motherhood only after I started blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such an inspirational post and I am slowly learning about the friendships formed through the art of blogging. I love the connections I have made and sharing in the journey with other amazing women.
    Happy twenty 11
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx