Tuesday, August 27, 2013

EAT: OVERNIGHT OATS


SERVES 4 | PREP 5 MINS + OVERNIGHT SOAKING TIME | VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE

My friend Erin has the best Instagram photos. They're usually of food, which I'm always drawn to. Because, well FOOD. What I love most is that her food is clean. Vegan. To die for. Although I've never personally tasted her food, I know it would be just amaaaaazing. She really ought to have her own blog with her fabulous recipes and amazing pictures, but instead she said it was okay if I shared it over here on my lil ole blog instead. I've changed this recipe to suit my tastes, but the joy of this recipe is that you add the bits you like and take out the bits you don't. I find that overnight oats are really filling and keep me not thinking about food until the next meal (or at least my next visit on Instagram). But if I don't eat between meals, that's a day that a miracle happens. This girl is always hungry! Snacking between meals is my kryptonite.


INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup soy milk
2 tbs coconut cream
1 cup gluten free muesli (I use Carmen's, it's amazing!)
4 dates, roughly chopped
almonds, roughly chopped
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
6 strawberries, quartered

METHOD
1 The night before, place in a bowl the rolled oats, soy milk and coconut cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2 Good morning! In four pretty glasses, layer the oat mixture, the muesli, some more oat mixture, dates and almonds. Top with the berries.

NOTE Erin adds shredded moist coconut, her own homemade toasted muesli and sunflower seeds. I have tried this with sultanas and cranberries, and it's equally good! Most of all, isn't it so pretty all layered up like this? What would you add?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx