Monday, October 04, 2010

where did you buy that from?


As much as I think I'm not big into kiddie fashion, I find myself saying to other mums more often than I care to admit, "Oh, cute! Where did you buy that from?"

The question is asked often.

Before I was a mum I confess I didn't take too much time observing kiddie fashion. And every now and then I would notice something out of the ordinary and think, Oh that's gorgeous!

But since I've been a mother, I take notice of everything - babywear, blankets, socks, shoes, hats, scarves, you name it. Even for girls. And I don't even have one of those.

Is it just that we notice because we have children, and are now aware of a whole new world. Or is it because I wasn't clucky until later in life? Maybe I'm more of a consumer than I used to be?

When I was pregnant, it seemed that everywhere I looked everyone else was too. And if you buy a car, you notice the same model everywhere.

Oh, and because people were asking where you can get a plain white shirt with cute roll up sleeves (just like a guy's) from. Here's the rap:

Madison wears: SHIRT, Milkshake (3-12). Exclusive to Myer. Noah wears: SHIRT, Sprout (000-2). Exclusive to Myer.

How often do you notice what other children wear? Do you ask this question often?

2 comments:

  1. I love fashion,and especially having my kids in clothing different from everyone else..on the odd occasion that I see something on someone that i Iike Ill just ask where it's from.
    Cute kiddies xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post kids I can't fit into the fashion that i want to wear, nor do I have the budget I used to have for myself. I get pleasure in buying clothes for them instead; it fits, its cheaper than grown up clothes and allows me to still shop. Miss 4 is also developing a certain style, it is fun watching her put together her ensembles or choosing things at the shops. Often they are dreadful, but I still let her wear it, it's only clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx