Friday, May 14, 2010

BAKING. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE IT.

ther·a·peu·tic: Having or exhibiting healing powers: a therapeutic agent; therapeutic exercises.


I love baking. Especially when I get a chance to do it all day.

When the house is clean, and there is nothing else to do, but enjoy spending time with the kids and cooking.

Apart from mixing and breaking eggs, licking the spoon is the highlight for the big one. The little one discovered this joy for the first time today.

The menu? Caramelised onion and feta quiche, little white lamingtons, chocolate caramels, white chocolate gingerbread slice and my favourite - rhubarb + berry crumble (pictured above, recipe here, and rhubarb fresh from our vegie garden).

It's like the cheapest therapy and, although a little messy with my little helpers, so lovely!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha!!!!! Obviously your children are still young enough to not totally trash your house in a single day!!! I agree though, when the house is clean and then you can just devote your time to something you enjoy is bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! They can't trash the house because I've put most of the toys away up high where they can't reach them. Otherwise, they are very, very good at trashing other things now. I can't begin to tell you the sort of day we've had because one 3yo is trying me out... but the baking was fun and he enjoys it (mostly) too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx