Thursday, August 26, 2010

LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF SAMPLES.



In my weird little mind, not buying $40 foundation helps to square up the cost of my husband's recent trip to Europe.


Yeah, I know. And to save all those thousands of pennies, I've reverted to using make up samples.

I don't know what's wrong with me... I don't even wear make up more than twice a week. (And that's a big make up week.) So, it's not like I slap it on and buy new stuff every month. 

And please don't ask me what else I've done to 'save' money.

How do you try and save money?

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, but now you have made me want to know?? So you will just have to fess up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious too. But good on you, it makes sense to use free samples rather than buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not saying a thing... but stay tuned, I might share some more (if I'm brave enough!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I can totally relate! especially having a husband who occasionally needs to get to Europe fast (ill relatives) and use up our careful savings ... (fair though, since I get to live in my own country ...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even think of samples! I have run out of foundation and can't buy any new stuff this year. Pure brilliance. (I am so checking out your other silly posts). Thanks for Rewinding x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your thriftiness. I think it's a dying life skill. Everybody is all about lifestyle, but it's so expensive and resource intensive.
    I say wave your thrifty freak flag high Kymmie. x
    Visiting from Weekend Rewind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! But how do you match your skin colour with samples - or doesn't that matter?

    Visiting from the Rewind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx