Saturday, February 19, 2011

THIS SATURDAY I'M GRATEFUL FOR... FANCY DINNERS.


With a child at three half days of kinder, I confess I'm enjoying running around on those errands that haven't been done for months. Plus a little more time to browse the shops. Okay, I should be rushing home to get my office work done, but I've been doing that at night and enjoying the 'free' hours. So this week, I'm still ever so grateful for...
  1. Second-hand stores. Oh me, oh my. My love for second-hand stores has returned. (Or perhaps my love for the extra time to browse has returned). I picked up a gorgeous summery dress this week and am wearing it this very moment (see the Fancy Pants post here). And it adds a little more colour to my wardrobe. Plus I was able to purchase (on special) some matching bangles and cute flower thongs. All for the whopping price of $20.
  2. Naturopaths and modern technology. There's nothing like solving a mystery. Especially when it affects your health. I've been the sickest I've ever been the past 5 or so weeks, but one visit to a naturopath (my first visit, ever) had me convinced that I should have done it much earlier. Don't worry, I'm not turning into an alterntive health junkie (well, okay, just a bit). But as a result, my health is on the up and up. And there's nothing better than being grateful for good health.
  3. A little food competition. It's Food Club time, and this month I'm ever so grateful for the return of Food Club for another year, plus being able to host our February theme night: Nigella Vs. Donna. And some scrumptious things were made and eaten. By us. (Did I mention how grateful I am for any recipe created by Donna Hay and Nigella Lawson?)
For more lovely gratefuls, visit the delightful Maxabella Loves...

15 comments:

  1. How fabulous! Love a bargain, love a pretty table, love a health mystery solved - and, oh yeah, love a good cook off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful table. Tell us more about this Food Club business... sounds intriguing. Is it like a book club only with food instead of books? Oh wait, I just noticed you have a whole tag devoted to it so I'll go and read some more... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sound of a Food Club and adore your table setting :)

    Gotta love having the time to scour second hand, so many hidden treasures waiting to be found.

    Here's to good health!!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. opps *second hand stores*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me intrigued. What does a naturopath actually do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your health is improving! I look forward to seeing those goodies on you. Lovely table setting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice table setting! Liking the red color theme. I must say I'm curious about the naturopath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a huge fan of Nigella & Donna too! Donna's recipes, particularly, are always so simple and fresh!
    It's great that your visit to the naturopath was a success...there's nothing more important than looking after your health! Hope you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your health is so important that any sensible advice is worth a try - especially if it is making you feel better!
    I see a dietician every now and then to make sure I get all the vitamins, minerals, protein etc necessary for the amount of physical activity I do...we all need a helping hand sometimes to keep us on track (or get us back on track when we have fallen off!)

    have a great weekend
    xxxCate

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sound of the Food Club - how does it work?

    Great that you can enjoy more relaxed time to shop - we appreciate the time so much more when it's been missing don't we!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this post! i have not been by your blog for ages thanks to our blogging break but now I am back I realise how much I love reading posts like this!

    You have inspired me - op shopping here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice setting! Glad you are feeling so much better. Can't wait to see your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see your new dress! I'm a thriftaholic myself and my oldest is just getting to a point where I can take him with me. Yay!

    Tell me more about your naturopath visit, you have peaked my curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooh look at that table - any room for one extra - i can provide excellent conversation and i'll wear my fancy pants!! Can't wait to see what you picked up at the thrift shops. I do love a a spot of thrifting, but like you, don't seem to indulge!!! Donna and Nigella (oh heaven!) love them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. WoW! fab table setting.. super beautiful. .+)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive words and taking the time to comment. Love Kymmie. xx